Geet Nahin Gaata Hun

This poem is written by "Atal ji" when he was to continue after "Geet Naya Gaata Hun" and he has shown is pain in this poem.

Geet nahi gata hoon,
Benaqab chhehre hain,
Daag bade gahre hain,
Toottha tilism aaj,
saach se bhaya khata hoon
Geet nahi gata hoon,
Lagi kuch aise naszar,
bikhra shishe ka shahar,
Apno ke mele main,
meet nahi pata hoon,
Peeth main choori sa chhand,
rahu gaya rekha phannd,
Mukti ke shaano main,
bandh jata hoon,
Geet nahi gata hoon.


(I do not sing a song,
Faces have been unmasked,
Scars are deep,
With the breaking up of mystery today,
I am afraid of even the truth,
I do not sing a song,
Evil eye has fallen,
the town of glass lay broken,
Amongst the fair of our own,
I do not find my beloved,
The stabbed knife in the back looks like a moon,
the inauspicious planet of rahu has crossed its limits,
In the moments of salvation,
I find myself shackled,
I do not sing a song)


-- Keep the Flame Up and Burning
- - Kalingaa..

1 comment:

  1. The poet is Atal Bihari Vajpeyi, India's former prime minister. Atalji has another very beautiful poem, Geet naya gaata hun....

    This poem comes a reaction to earlier poem. I guess he wrote it after painful experiences because of his colleagues from BJP and RSS, as expressed in lines, "Apno ke mele main, meet nahi pata hoon".

    I believe he wanted to retire after many painful incidents but he could not due to his political commitment towards his party as expressed in lines, " Mukti ke shaano main,bandh jata hoon".

    ReplyDelete