TV is enforced leisure (or evil)?

Sometime back I thought to get rid of cable connection and live a life without idiot box. It's obligatory to have a TV at home and to know whats happening with all the soap-operas, reality TV and Baba Ramdev.

First couple of days were awfully long and full of boredom (or rather curiosity to know the happenings and breaking news) and made me question the decision of doing away all the linkage I'd with the outside.

I took a step back andstarted utilizing the spare (lotsa) time for my long overdue hobbies : a long list of books, blogging and cooking (yeah :D).

The books which I wanted to read all along but sacrificed for pot-boiler crap of Infotainment (India TV leading the list and Zee Cinema close by). Now I'm on roll to read as much as I can and as fast as I can. So much so that the flipkart delivery team and nearby landmark folks personally recommend me books in the genre I prefer.

Blogging on the alternative to the discussion I'd to bear on all News channels, all the topics irrelevant to me but discussed over national TV. On blogging site I can brag out on anything and everything I'm concerned with. I can promise to whomsover is reading this that I'll keep on putting all random thoughts on keyboard.

Cokking was another thing which I wanted to do but never had guts to takeup same like TV bahu's fear of Saas. But it was the time to take the step and what a great work it is. Started with burnt, foul taste and half-cooked food but moved on quickly to bearable ones.

Still a long way to go and put more thoughts on all the things I've taken but so far it has been awesome time... More updates to come on these superhit after-effects of TV's death in my house...

-- Kalingaa...

No comments:

Post a Comment